CHILDREN’S FARM AND FOREST EDUCATOR
Join our team! We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic educator to engage visitors at our new Children’s Farm and Forest. This position will involve facilitating a variety of farm, garden, and forest activities to connect visitors to agriculture and the land in a safe, fun, hands-on environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and orient visitors and school groups.
- Provide a welcoming, engaging presence throughout the Children’s Farm and Forest.
- Participate in daily animal care and chores and clean animal pens.
- Clean program areas and set up education and play spaces daily.
- Lead educational workshops and activities for a range of audiences.
- Work a Wednesday-Sunday schedule from Memorial Day weekend until the end of October
- Engage public in informal ‘meet and greet a farm animal’ activities.
- Uphold excellent guest services at all times.
- Support and mentor youth volunteers.
- Provide support for birthday parties and special events.
- Assist with garden tasks.
- Outdoor work environment with varied weather conditions.
- Weekend work required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, good communication skills, and the willingness to learn.
- Some educational, interpretive, or summer-camp experience required.
- Some knowledge of animals and animal care preferred.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification (training provided).
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to move over uneven terrain.
- Comfort working around large animals.
This is a 32-40 hour a week seasonal position, beginning May 1, 2017 and ending November 3, 2017.
Pay is $12/hr.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 reference contacts to Lu Neuse, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Retreat Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.