Retreat Farm seeks a hyper-organized Office Manager to help establish and maintain Retreat Farm’s administrative and operational systems.
The Office Manager will play a key role in the events program and day-to-day operations of Retreat Farm. He or she will organize and implement operating procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Responsibilities include event and volunteer coordination, data management, implementation of organizational systems, management of office systems, and general administrative support.
This is a full-time position with weekend and evening work required as dictated by the events calendar. The Office Manager will report to the Operations & Marketing Director.
• Coordinate and execute on-site events in collaboration with the Marketing & Operations Director and facilities team.
• Day of event setup and logistics
• Manage event booking, invoicing, contracts, and coordination with outside parties.
• Manage volunteer recruitment, coordination, and communication for the education, recreation, and event programs.
• Implement volunteer signup and tracking program or application, ensuring necessary shifts are covered to support operations.
• Manage the Retreat Farm membership program, associated databases, data entry, and mailings.
• Attend to incoming phone calls, emails and visitors on-site.
• Process and code invoices for payment.
• Generate monthly tracking reports to monitor organizational performance.
• Maintain grant calendar and support grant research and reporting as needed.
• Support data management clean-up through a variety of discrete projects.
• Develop, implement and manage a photo management system.
• Assist management team with other duties and projects as they arise.
• 2 years of experience in event management, office administration, and volunteer coordination
• Energetic, collaborative and entrepreneurial
• Proven track record in creating and implementing organizational systems
• Demonstrated commitment to Retreat Farm’s mission and values
• Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a busy environment
• Willingness to engage in all aspects of Retreat Farm’s daily operations
• Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite. Database management and is a plus.
• Combination of indoor and outdoor work environment with varied weather conditions
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Comfortable moving over uneven terrain and working around large animals
About Retreat Farm
Established in 1837, the original Retreat Farm was a working and therapeutic farm serving patients at the nearby Brattleboro Retreat. A prominent feature of the region for 180 years, the Farm today encompasses 500 acres of conserved forests, farmlands, trails, and waterways, and an historic nine-structure Farmstead. Retreat Farm sits adjacent to downtown Brattleboro, a gateway to Vermont and the geographic center of New York and New England.
The nonprofit Retreat Farm, Ltd. was formed in 2015 to restore the lands and structures and establish a vibrant program of education, stewardship, and community gatherings. By connecting people to the land and one another, Retreat Farm is helping to ensure a healthy future for the region.
By creating a place that shares the joys of farming and healthy food, meaningful experiences in nature, and cultural celebrations that bring people together, we are strengthening the physical health of individuals, the social bonds of families and communities, and the economic vitality of the region. In everything we do, we strive to create nourishing, authentic opportunities to learn, play, and grow — strengthening our community ties and fostering a deep appreciation of the land, farmers, and animals that nourish us.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to: Lindsay Fahey, email@example.com.
Retreat Farm is an equal opportunity provider and employer.