CHILDREN’S FARM AND FOREST Retail Staff
Join our team! We are looking for an energetic, responsible person to engage visitors at our new Children’s Farm and Forest. This person will greet visitors as they arrive, run the register for ticketing and the Farm Shop, and lead art and farm activities. The Children’s Farm and Forest connects visitors to agriculture and the land in a safe, fun, hands-on environment. The Farm Shop offers toys, books, and gifts, focusing on Vermont products.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and orient visitors and school groups.
- Provide a welcoming, engaging presence in the Farm Shop and Education Center.
- Run the point-of-sale system.
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Collect visitor information, sell memberships, and schedule group visits.
- Receive and manage inventory.
- Clean program areas and set up education and play spaces daily.
- Lead educational workshops and activities for a range of audiences.
- Uphold excellent guest services at all times.
- Provide support for birthday parties and special events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, good communication skills, and the willingness to learn.
- Some retail experience required.
- Some educational, interpretive, or summer-camp experience preferred.
- First Aid and CPR (Certification provided).
- Able to life 40 lbs.
This is a 30-40 hour a week seasonal position. Pay is $12/hr. This is a Wednesday-Sunday position from May 15, 2017 through November 3, 2017.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 reference contacts to:
Katrina Razionale at email@example.com, or mail to Retreat Farm, 350 Linden St. Brattleboro VT 05301
Retreat Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.