RETAIL & MARKETING MANAGER
Retreat Farm is seeking a Retail & Marketing Manager to manage our retail Farm Shop operations in the summer, and provide year-round event and marketing support. These are critical components of our Farm & Forest education program that support our overall mission.
This position provides the unique opportunity to engage with program visitors and integrate their feedback into the community events that the Retail & Marketing Manager will help to develop, market, and execute. This is a full-time position with weekend work required in the summer. The Retail & Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Retail Management (May - October)
- Oversee retail operations and operate point-of-sale counter at the Children’s Farm & Forest
- Greet and orient visitors
- Order & receive weekly supply deliveries
- Daily cash management
- Light food service and ice cream machine maintenance
Marketing & Events (Year-round)
- Contribute to the development, marketing, and day-of coordination of public and private events.
- Develop event-related marketing materials
- Promote upcoming events and programs
- Maintain an active presence on Instagram and Facebook
- Build and manage organization-wide contact management database
The Retail & Marketing Manager will become an active member of the Retreat Farm team and should come prepared to help with a range of duties throughout the organization. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, all year-round employees are expected to assist the Children’s Farm & Forest education program as needed.
Skills & Experience Required
A successful applicant:
- Enjoys working as part of a team, and can pursue solo projects as needed
- Can engage with the public confidently and with enthusiasm
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and is computer savvy. Graphic design experience a plus
- Is committed to Retreat Farm’s overall mission
- Is detail oriented and able to multi-task in an often busy environment
- Is eager and willing to master new skills
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a meaningful contribution to an emerging nonprofit, while gaining diverse experience in nonprofit operations, community development, and education.
About Retreat Farm
Retreat Farm is a natural and cultural commons that connects people to the land and one another, inspiring them to be active stewards of the land and community, and take on the challenges of tomorrow. Located just north of downtown Brattleboro, the Farm encompasses 500 acres of conserved forest, farmlands, trails, waterways, and an historic nine-structure Farmstead. Today, the property is owned and managed by Retreat Farm, Ltd. (RFL), a 501(c)(3) public charity formed in 2015 to restore and repurpose the Farm’s historic lands and barns.
RFL’s flagship program, the Children’s Farm & Forest, is designed to offer high-quality, low-cost educational programming to all. In addition to welcoming visitors of all ages to participate in the daily life of the farm, we offer a series of land-based workshops to school groups and the general public.
Retreat Farm is an equal opportunity provider and employer.