CHILDREN’S FARM AND FOREST SUMMER EDUCATOR
Retreat Farm Ltd. in Brattleboro, Vermont, is looking for flexible, enthusiastic individuals to take care of the animals and engage visitors at our Children’s Farm and Forest. Educators will facilitate a variety of farm, garden, and forest tours and activities in a safe, fun, hands-on environment.
Schedule is 5 days a week, mainly Thursday - Monday. Weekend work is required.
Season is from May 17- September 3. Full and part time positions are available.
Spring and Fall work may be available for the right candidate.
This position reports to the Program Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a welcoming and engaging presence throughout the Children’s Farm and Forest
- Greet and orient visitors, school groups, and summer campers to the space and program
- Participate in daily animal care and chores and clean animal pens
- Clean program areas and set up education and play spaces daily
- Provide information about the Retreat Farm campus and history
- Engage public in safely visiting with, feeding, and holding farm animals
- Uphold excellent guest services at all times
- Provide support for birthday parties and special events
- Assist with farm and garden tasks
- Outdoor work environment with varied weather conditions
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Comfortable moving over uneven terrain and working around large animals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, good communication skills, and the willingness to learn
- Some educational, interpretive, or summer-camp experience preferred
- Some knowledge of animals and animal care preferred
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification (training provided)
- Employment is contingent on passing a background check
- $11-13/hr, depending on experience
- Free family membership
- Employee discount on store merchandise
- Some free farm product as available
- Membership to Vermont Attractions Association offering discounted access to other attractions across the state
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 reference contacts to:
Lu Neuse, email@example.com
Retreat Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.